Why Do So Many Skin Care Products Use Potentially Hazardous Ingredients?
Easy Answer: because they're cheap and readily available.
Are they in the products you currently use? Let's see. Go grab your containers of skin care products and compare them against the following ingredients…
1. Parabens are used to prevent the growth of microbes in cosmetic products and can be absorbed through the skin, blood and digestive system. They have been found in biopsies from breast tumors.
2. Mineral Oil, Paraffin and Petrolatum These petroleum products coat the skin like plastic. Side effects of petrolatum include finding the petroleum byproduct in breast tumors, clogging pores and creating a build-up of toxins. Premature aging and aggravated acne are also side effects of these ingredients.
3. Sodium lauryl (SLS also known as sodium laureth sulfate (SLES) Found in over 90% of personal care products! They break down your skins moisture barrier, leading to dry skin with premature aging. Found in many shower gels, shampoos and facial cleansers to make products bubble and foam.
4. Acrylamide also known as Polyacrylamide Can affect you when breathed in and by passing through your skin. Should be handled as a - CARCINOGEN - HANDLE WITH EXTREME CAUTION. Contact can cause eye irritation, watering and inflammation.
5. Propylene glycol Common cosmetic moisturizer and carrier for fragrance oils. May cause dermatitis and skin irritation. May inhibit skin cell growth.
6. Phenol carbolic acid Found in many lotions and skin creams. Can cause circulatory collapse, paralysis, convulsions, coma and even death from respiratory failure.
7. Dioxane Found in compounds known as PEG, Polysorbates, Laureth, ethoxylated alcohols. Common in a wide range of personal care products. Dioxane’s carcinogenicity was first reported in 1965 and later confirmed in studies including one from the National Cancer Institute in 1978. Nasal passages and liver are the most vulnerable.
8. Toluene Breaks down the skin’s natural protective layer resulting in rashes and red, dry, itchy skin. Amazingly, toluene is contained in almost all synthetic perfumes and other fragrances, in nail polishes, cosmetics and other skin care products. It is any wonder why the prevalence of dry skin and eczema has reached epidemic proportions?
The above are the most popular hazardous ingredients used, however there are many more. Remember products that are applied to your skin penetrate and those harmful chemicals find their way to your bloodstream.
If you’re ready to embrace the benefits of natural skincare in order to have healthier, younger looking skin without subjecting your face and body to harsh chemicals that may end up doing more harm than good check out our products.