As we age our skin changes in color and texture. You need to update your makeup accordingly:
- Moisturize - While your skin is still damp from cleansing - apply Nourish Body Oil. Now you are free to open your makeup bag.
- Foundation - You may be tempted to cover up all of the imperfections in your skin. Remember less is more !
We recommend using a damp sponge. Quickly wet your sponge under the faucet, squeeze out the water so your sponge is barely damp and put a small amount of foundation on the back of your hand. Pick up some of the foundation with your damp sponge and in a dabbing motion apply to your face. The Nourish Body Oil you previously applied to your face will help the foundation spread evenly and keep you from having a cakey or opaque look.
- If you must use powder use translucent, nothing tinted to set your base.
- Women lose fat in their face as they age. Take advantage of that! Apply your blush along the highest points of your cheekbones, it makes your bone structure stand out.
- Patting the tiniest dab of eye-shadow base or primer on the lids before your shadow will keep it in place. This is especially important if your lids have even the slightest wrinkles.
- A bit of shimmer is flattering as you get older because it brings light to the face. Apply a small amount to the inner corners of the eye.
- Lashes get thinner as we age. Use lengthening mascara instead of thickening mascara, heavy formulas flatten the lashes. Look for mascaras with thin wands so you can easily coat each lash.
- As we age, our lips get smaller, especially the upper lip. The best approach is to stick to shades that enhance your natural lip tone rather than bringing attention to the area. For a softer more luxurious look use Nourish Lip Balm before applying your lipstick. Also another tip to keep the lipstick from feathering into the lip lines use a lip liner before applying lipstick.
- And after that fabulously fun New Years Eve Party it just takes a few minutes to wash away the make up. Let your skin breathe while you sleep. It is very important to wash away mascara to keep the stiff product from making you eyelashes brittle and break. After cleansing apply Nourish Eye Creme, Nourish Body Oil and Nourish Body Lotion. Your skin will feel marvelous in the morning.
Cosmetics have a limited shelf life. After a certain amount of time they expire, and all kinds of nasty bacteria begin to call your cosmetics home.
Approximate Expiration Dates:
- Concealer and foundation - 6 to 8 months.
- Powder based makeup (blush, pressed powder, bronzer) - 1 year.
- Eyeliner - 1 year.
- Lip Gloss and Lip Stick - 1 year.
- Mascara - 3 months
- Sunscreen - 6 months.