Winter weather can be brutal to your skin. Skin generally becomes drier during the winter and in low-humidity climates. The cold clear days of winter bring more than just a rosy glow to the cheeks. They also bring dryness to the facial skin, hands and feet. Cold weather or low humidity weather is especially harsh on your face, causing it to become drier and making it more susceptible to wrinkles. Also, as soon as you turn on the indoor heat your skin starts to dry out.
- Switch to lukewarm baths or showers. Hot baths can dry out your skin. It is not advisable that you stay soaking in the tub for too long a time period. Within three minutes after you bathe or shower we recommend applying a generous amount of Nourish Body Oil over the entire body while your skin is still moist. Ward off the Winter Itch.
- Use a moisturizer that has an oil base such as Nourish Body Oil, this oil will create a protective layer on the skin that will help to retain more moisture. Around the eyes where the tissue is extremely delicate we recommend Nourish Essential Eye Crème both in the morning and after cleansing your face before retiring.
- Don’t forget your hands; the skin on your hands is thinner than on most parts of the body. In cold weather it is especially difficult to keep your hands moisturized. We suggest Nourish Body Lotion which is rich in Organic, Botanicals, Natural Oils and Vitamins to help feed and protect your skin.
- For the dry flaky cracked heals of winter, we recommend periodically using an exfoliant or pumice to remove the dead skin. Then treat your feet to either Nourish Body Oil or Nourish Body Lotion. Rub on generously and you will see a great improvement in your important foundation.
- Use a lip balm before going out in cold, windy weather to prevent your lips from getting dry and chapped. We recommend Nourish Lip Balm which has a beeswax base and other ingredients to assist in moisturizing and healing the lips.
- Use Body Wash instead of bar soap which can often be too harsh. We recommend Nourish Body Wash which is a gentle body cleanser and a natural moisturizer.
- In the dry weather it may be necessary to moisturize two to three times per day. Don’t forget to slather on the sun screen. Drink plenty of water and other fluids. Avoid caffeinated drinks which can have a diuretic effect.