Well, don’t we all wish that the myth of “The Fountain of Youth” was real?
However the number one secret to timeless skin is COMMITMENT. It is important to find the right regimen that works best on your skin and stick to it. It takes weeks or months to see the benefits of the active ingredients in your skin care products.
- Sunscreen is the single most important thing you can do to help prevent aging. UV rays cause approximately 70 to 90 percent of skin damage. Using the proper sunscreen and applying it to your face daily will improve crows feet and skin tone even if you don’t use any other anti-aging creams. Go natural, don’t use those greasy lotions so readily available at any of the big box stores. Use for your SPF ingredient Micronized Zinc Oxide as your sun block.
- Most of you take some kind of vitamins daily. Your skin needs topical vitamins as well to help fight free radicals created by the sun, smoking and pollution. Free radicals can cause skin damage that shows up as sagging skin, wrinkles and age spots. Using topical vitamin C on your skin’s surface will help to reduce the effects and over time will help to repair the signs of aging.
- We all know it is important to drink water (at least half of your body weight in ounces daily). That is very important however equally important is to hydrate your skin from the outside as well. Many people will say “but I don’t have dry skin”, to those people I say “it is not always about having dry skin it is about protecting the outer barrier from the elements”. Look for a product made with natural ingredients such as Aloe Vera, Hyaluronic Acid and Shea Butter
- Stress can also be a factor in the premature aging of your face. Yoga is a great way to lessen the stress in your body. Also a long warm bath with lots of essential oil of Lavender added will help to give you a more peaceful feeling.
- Lastly, make sure you get enough sleep. Studies have found that people who don’t get enough quality sleep tend to have more skin aging and slower sun damage recovery than those who do.